susiespassion

Default Use a calc to figure sum in months using date fields but numeric r

When doing a pricing structure, I need to use a date to calculate and then
round into a whole number or decimal , for ex; from 1/1/5 - 6/15/5 how many
months = 6.5 The return is then used to calculate costs involved with
different scenarios for sales and clients.
RagDyer

BTW,
Jan.1 to Jun.15 is only 5.5 months, isn't it?

One approach might be to calculate 30 day months, where,
A1 = start - 1/1/05
B1 = end - 6/15/05

Format C1 as General or Number, and enter:

=(B1-A1)/30
--

HTH,

RD

"susiespassion" wrote in message
When doing a pricing structure, I need to use a date to calculate and then
round into a whole number or decimal , for ex; from 1/1/5 - 6/15/5 how many
months = 6.5 The return is then used to calculate costs involved with
different scenarios for sales and clients.

SusiesPassion

Thank you... let me be a bit more specific.
=(A3-$A$1)/30.41667 and then
=ROUND(C14,0.55)

The reason I need something like this is because we have different
maintenance end dates for differeent purchases so I need a standardized
format that will calculate and round any date from multiple years returning
the number of months in increments of .5 months. Hope this makes sense.

Thank you so much for your help!!

"RagDyer" wrote:

BTW,
Jan.1 to Jun.15 is only 5.5 months, isn't it?

One approach might be to calculate 30 day months, where,
A1 = start - 1/1/05
B1 = end - 6/15/05

Format C1 as General or Number, and enter:

=(B1-A1)/30
--

HTH,

RD

"susiespassion" wrote in message
When doing a pricing structure, I need to use a date to calculate and then
round into a whole number or decimal , for ex; from 1/1/5 - 6/15/5 how many
months = 6.5 The return is then used to calculate costs involved with
different scenarios for sales and clients.

RagDyeR

I'm sorry.
I thought we were done.

I thought that you were just commenting on how you revised my suggestion to
meet your exact requirements.

Re-reading your answer, do I understand that you're looking to round to the
nearest half?

If so, try this:

=ROUND((B1-A1)/30.41667/0.5,0)*0.5
--

"RagDyer" wrote:

BTW,
Jan.1 to Jun.15 is only 5.5 months, isn't it?

One approach might be to calculate 30 day months, where,
A1 = start - 1/1/05
B1 = end - 6/15/05

Format C1 as General or Number, and enter:

=(B1-A1)/30
--

HTH,

RD

"susiespassion" wrote in

message
When doing a pricing structure, I need to use a date to calculate and

then
round into a whole number or decimal , for ex; from 1/1/5 - 6/15/5 how

many
months = 6.5 The return is then used to calculate costs involved with
different scenarios for sales and clients.

SusiesPassion

Yes, that did help, thanks so much. I forgot to format my cells to accept a
percentage, ah, duh, so it was working all along....just had a brain fade
when it came to formatting. Thanks so much again!!!! Yippee!! Happy
SuperBowl Sunday... I'm going home to enjoy the game now....