Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

Default total schedules

Hello

I have 51 sheets in the same workbook.

The front sheet is a summary sheet of the 50 behind.

Each sheet has a list of codes with a value next to it, but the same code is
not on the same line in each sheet.

On the summary sheet I would like to add up all the values inline with a
specific code

What is the easiest way of doing this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can do this with a Pivot Table; in Step 1 specify Multiple Consolidation
Ranges
OR Google for Excel Consolidation to find add-ins (not free)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Joe" wrote in message
Hello

I have 51 sheets in the same workbook.

The front sheet is a summary sheet of the 50 behind.

Each sheet has a list of codes with a value next to it, but the same code
is not on the same line in each sheet.

On the summary sheet I would like to add up all the values inline with a
specific code

What is the easiest way of doing this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The alternative is to use Data | Consolidation.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Joe" wrote in message
Hello

I have 51 sheets in the same workbook.

The front sheet is a summary sheet of the 50 behind.

Each sheet has a list of codes with a value next to it, but the same code
is not on the same line in each sheet.

On the summary sheet I would like to add up all the values inline with a
specific code

What is the easiest way of doing this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1) Download and install the free add-in Morefunc.xll

2) Create two new sheets, and name them First and Last

3) Place all relevant sheets between First and Last

4) Then try the following formula...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(THREED('First:Last'!CodeRange)="Code"),THREED('Fi rst:Last'
!RangeToSum))

If the code is a numerical value, remove the quotes from the criteria.
The add-in can be downloaded in the following link...

http://xcell05.free.fr/

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Joe" wrote:

Hello

I have 51 sheets in the same workbook.

The front sheet is a summary sheet of the 50 behind.

Each sheet has a list of codes with a value next to it, but the same code is
not on the same line in each sheet.

On the summary sheet I would like to add up all the values inline with a
specific code

What is the easiest way of doing this?

Thanks

Total Not Summing Correctly on Calculated Fields in Pivot Table Ronster Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 October 19th 06 10:48 PM
Can I total only a % of a number (cell) base on total of all cel Douglas Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 6th 06 09:52 PM
Old Lotus Sub Total & Grand Total formula Kylie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 9th 06 12:24 PM
Subtotal basic Excel Worksheet Functions 0 October 14th 05 03:47 PM
How to total itmes if they fall between a date range cel Excel Worksheet Functions 1 May 17th 05 07:39 PM