Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default where is the search/replace command located

I can't find (no pun) the 'find/replace' command. where has it moved to?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try Ctrl + H (Find and Replace) or Ctrl + F (Find)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

I can't find (no pun) the 'find/replace' command. where has it moved to?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jim Thomlinson wrote...

"docdon" wrote:
I can't find (no pun) the 'find/replace' command. where has it moved to?

Alternatively, in Excel 2003 (and presumably also Excel 2004 on Macs)
and prior, Find and Replace are in the Edit menu. In Excel 2007's oh so
wonderful ribbon, it's in the Home tab, in the Editing section under
Find & Select. These particular commands seem to be much harder to find
in the oh so wonderful new interface than they were in the old menu.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jim Thomlinson wrote...

"docdon" wrote:
I can't find (no pun) the 'find/replace' command. where has it moved to?

Alternatively, in Excel 2003 (and presumably also Excel 2004 on Macs)
and prior, Find and Replace are in the Edit menu. In Excel 2007's oh so
wonderful ribbon, it's in the Home tab, in the Editing section under
Find & Select. These particular commands seem to be much harder to find
in the oh so wonderful new interface than they were in the old menu.

Yes! I found it and thank you very much. "the ribbon" is really a job to work with. Hunt and Hopefully find. Thanx , again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"docdon" wrote:

I can't find (no pun) the 'find/replace' command. where has it moved to?

Thank you very much. Why didn't I think of that? oh well. . .one of these
days. . .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Normally reside on the "Edit" menu.

If not there, perhaps you need to reset your menu bar.

ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Select Worksheet Menu Bar and "reset".

Note: this will wipe out any customizations you may have made.

Alternate method...........

ToolsCustomizeCommandsBuit-in menus.

Select the Edit menu and drag to your menubar.

Remove the faulty one.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP