Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I find and replace null values in Excel 2002 worksheets?

I have thousands of empty cells which I would like to replace with zeros, but
opening Find and Replace, clearing the Find field and entering 0 in the
Replace field replaces zeros in larger numbers I don't want edited.
--
Thank you,
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I left the "Find what" field empty. I put a zero (0) in the "Replace with"
field. Had I entered a spacebar in it, I think Excel would not have replaced
any of the empty cells with zeros, which is what I wanted.
--
Thank you,
Peter

Peter wrote:

I have thousands of empty cells which I would like to replace with zeros, but
opening Find and Replace, clearing the Find field and entering 0 in the
Replace field replaces zeros in larger numbers I don't want edited.
--
Thank you,
Peter

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think I figured it out, Dave. I tried using: =IF('County Sales
GWh-2'!D2="",0,'County Sales GWh-2'!D2). The formula replaced null values
with zeros in worksheet "County Sales GWh-2" and the non-null values with the
same values from that worksheet.
--
Thank you,
Peter Puglia

Peter wrote:

I have thousands of empty cells which I would like to replace with zeros, but
opening Find and Replace, clearing the Find field and entering 0 in the
Replace field replaces zeros in larger numbers I don't want edited.
--
Thank you,
Peter

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

F5SpecialBlanksOK

Type 0 in active cell then hit CTRL + ENTER

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP