-   -   How do I find and replace null values in Excel 2002 worksheets? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/116339-how-do-i-find-replace-null-values-excel-2002-worksheets.html)

Peter

How do I find and replace null values in Excel 2002 worksheets?

I have thousands of empty cells which I would like to replace with zeros, but
opening Find and Replace, clearing the Find field and entering 0 in the
Replace field replaces zeros in larger numbers I don't want edited.
--
Thank you,
Peter

Dave Peterson

How do I find and replace null values in Excel 2002 worksheets?

Did you leave that What box empty or did you type a spacebar?

Peter wrote:

I have thousands of empty cells which I would like to replace with zeros, but
opening Find and Replace, clearing the Find field and entering 0 in the
Replace field replaces zeros in larger numbers I don't want edited.
--
Thank you,
Peter

--

Dave Peterson

Peter

How do I find and replace null values in Excel 2002 worksheets

I left the "Find what" field empty. I put a zero (0) in the "Replace with"
field. Had I entered a spacebar in it, I think Excel would not have replaced
any of the empty cells with zeros, which is what I wanted.
--
Thank you,
Peter

Peter wrote:

I have thousands of empty cells which I would like to replace with zeros, but
opening Find and Replace, clearing the Find field and entering 0 in the
Replace field replaces zeros in larger numbers I don't want edited.
--
Thank you,
Peter

--

Dave Peterson

Peter

How do I find and replace null values in Excel 2002 worksheets

I think I figured it out, Dave. I tried using: =IF('County Sales
GWh-2'!D2="",0,'County Sales GWh-2'!D2). The formula replaced null values
with zeros in worksheet "County Sales GWh-2" and the non-null values with the
same values from that worksheet.
--
Thank you,
Peter Puglia

Peter wrote:

I have thousands of empty cells which I would like to replace with zeros, but
opening Find and Replace, clearing the Find field and entering 0 in the
Replace field replaces zeros in larger numbers I don't want edited.
--
Thank you,
Peter

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

How do I find and replace null values in Excel 2002 worksheets?

F5SpecialBlanksOK

Type 0 in active cell then hit CTRL + ENTER

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:37:02 -0700, Peter
wrote:

I have thousands of empty cells which I would like to replace with zeros, but
opening Find and Replace, clearing the Find field and entering 0 in the
Replace field replaces zeros in larger numbers I don't want edited.

Epinn

How do I find and replace null values in Excel 2002 worksheets?

In case anyone is interested, F5SpecialBlanks only picks up true blanks but not null strings (="") returned by formulae.

I enter ="" into a blank cell, and it is not replaced by 0.

Epinn