Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Merge/Combine address lists

My brother has three separate customer lists by state and would like to keep
them that way but he would like to combine them in one file. I moved all of
the lists to one file and placed each state in its own tab. I now have a
combined tab and can copy and paste them into one without any problems.
However, my brother doesn't know alot about Excel and when he gets a new
customer he wants it added to both the state tab and the combined tab. I was
going to write a macro to copy and paste the data but I don't know the best
way to do this. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

JICDB,

Use only your combined list, with a column for state, then use autofilters to show the list by
state. Forget using multiple lists on multiple sheets - a good way, a GREAT way, to end up with
corrupted data.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"JICDB" wrote in message
My brother has three separate customer lists by state and would like to keep
them that way but he would like to combine them in one file. I moved all of
the lists to one file and placed each state in its own tab. I now have a
combined tab and can copy and paste them into one without any problems.
However, my brother doesn't know alot about Excel and when he gets a new
customer he wants it added to both the state tab and the combined tab. I was
going to write a macro to copy and paste the data but I don't know the best
way to do this. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The only problem with that great solution is that my brother is Excel
illiterate. The filters have too many moving parts for him. I did walk him
through how to use it so maybe it will work for him.