Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lee lee is offline

Default How do I summarise what I want....

I have a workbook with one summary sheet and 12 month sheets. The month
sheets record business mileage and each one takes the running total from the
previous month and adds the current months mileage to it.
Rather than having 12 summary sheets, I would like to be able to make the
one summary sheet automatically fill in the correct date of the last day of
the current month and display the summary information for the current month.

For example, if the current month is OCT then the OCT sheet will be the
'highest' sheet with a current mileage figure in a cell. I need the summary
sheet to look for the 'highest' month sheet with a figure in the current
mileage cell and automatically fill in 31-10-06 in the month ending cell as
well as copy the current mileage figure.

There is more I need to do, but one thing at a time. If anyone can
understand my description and more to the point, knows how I can do it, I'd
be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks,
Lee