Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default CONDITIONAL FORMATS

Can anybody tell me other limitations of formula that can be absorbed in a
conditional format window wherein a cell change color based on logical
conditions (e.g. 7 "IF"s,), search functions like lookups, etc....please give
awareness...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In general you can use any formula that returns a TRUE/FALSE result, although
there are some limitations, e.g. you can't directly refer to other
worksheets, or use Analysis ToolPak functions are use array constants like
{1,2,3}.

Do you have a specific need?

"romelsb" wrote:

Can anybody tell me other limitations of formula that can be absorbed in a
conditional format window wherein a cell change color based on logical
conditions (e.g. 7 "IF"s,), search functions like lookups, etc....please give
awareness...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

tks for the reply...I do need this in my work...Cost vs Date vs Quantity of
our project scheduling that must re-adjust every month upon encoding of
current quantity and remaining quantity, that will be distributed within a
re-adjusted Date of finish. The colors must cope up with the adjusted dates
as well as if the actual qty. has been consumed completely, and the cost as
well <these 3 has 2 conditions each in order to change the cell
color/borders based on a legend that will be printed for project's monthly
presentation. This is a one sheet of excel.

"romelsb" wrote:

Can anybody tell me other limitations of formula that can be absorbed in a
conditional format window wherein a cell change color based on logical
conditions (e.g. 7 "IF"s,), search functions like lookups, etc....please give
awareness...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks... I hope there will be improvements...i do need such in reference to
3 cell whose independent values varies in relation to Date, monthly, for a
printed presentation. Thanks and more power....