Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel: Having more than 3 conditional formats would be helpful.

In Excel, I have a series of formulas that outputs one of six results....
let's say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 (for simplicity). I would like to assign a
color to each of the results of the formulas. So 1 would be blue, 2 would be
green, etc. Excel limits me to 3 conditional formats therefore I can not do
the above. It would be helpful is Excel did not limit the number of
conditional formats one can impose on a cell.

Thanks!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

XL 2007 allows up to 64 conditional formats. It is slated for general
release in early 2007, and is available now as a beta download, for a nominal
charge.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Lee Ellen" wrote:

In Excel, I have a series of formulas that outputs one of six results....
let's say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 (for simplicity). I would like to assign a
color to each of the results of the formulas. So 1 would be blue, 2 would be
green, etc. Excel limits me to 3 conditional formats therefore I can not do
the above. It would be helpful is Excel did not limit the number of
conditional formats one can impose on a cell.

Thanks!

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are a couple of options here... Check out these links...

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html
--
HTH...