Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Standard Colors

I changed one of the colors on the Tools / Options / Color Tab / Standard
Colors. I want to make it permanent but when I exited excel and then the
next time I opened excel the color was changed back. How do I make it
permanent?

Thank you for your help.

Steven
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Steven

Color modifications are saved with the workbook that was open at the time.

To have this modification for all NEW workbooks you can create a Template.

Open a new workbook. Customize Views as you wish. FileSave
As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook
"BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew

Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the Excel default workbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

To get the color mods into EXISTING workbooks you can also open a workbook with
the mods and copy that scheme to your other workbook.

ToolsOptionsColorCopy colors from.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:35:02 -0700, Steven
wrote:

I changed one of the colors on the Tools / Options / Color Tab / Standard
Colors. I want to make it permanent but when I exited excel and then the
next time I opened excel the color was changed back. How do I make it
permanent?

Thank you for your help.

Steven

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I said that wrong.

That was beautiful!!

As I looked closer at what you said there was so much in that response.

Thank you very much.

Steven