Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell reference in vlookup not working

Hi,

I am trying to use vlookup in Excel2003 to do some data manupulation
between data sets in two different sheets. My function looks like this:
=VLOOKUP(A62,Sheet2!A60:T11007,10,FALSE)
Cell A62 contains a number, for example: 3020200000
This function always returns #N/A.
If I enter the actual value instead of A62 then it works correctly.
I re-created the example in Excel's vlookup help, replaced the constant
value with a cell reference like I am using above and it was resolved
correctly.
What could be causing my application of vlookup not to work correctly?

Thanks for your help,
-Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the "Data/Text to Columns" to resolve quickly and save looking for
individual records with bad formatting;

Highlight the column to be converted/fixed (Column A based on your lookup
formula)
From the Task Bar; select Data €“ Text to Columns

Within display; select "Finish" on lower right corner..........

Now, check out the results...#N/A should have disappeared.......problem
fixed.