Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find cell reference in an column of numbers?

I have an column of numbers, e.g.

a1 - 0.03
a2 - 0.17
a3 - 0.35
a4 - 0.54
a5 - 0.67
a6 - 0.83
a7 - 1.00

What I'd like is a formula that returns the cell reference of the first
number in the column that is above a specific number (say, 0.5). Can anyone
suggest a formula that would achieve this?

Many thanks,
Geoff.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Geoff C wrote:
I have an column of numbers, e.g.

a1 - 0.03
a2 - 0.17
a3 - 0.35
a4 - 0.54
a5 - 0.67
a6 - 0.83
a7 - 1.00

What I'd like is a formula that returns the cell reference of the first
number in the column that is above a specific number (say, 0.5). Can anyone
suggest a formula that would achieve this?

Many thanks,
Geoff.

For the actual cell reference you might modify it as

="A" & MATCH(b1,a1:a7,1)+1

Alan Beban