Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JGG JGG is offline

Default Hiding formula

I am hoping to make my spreadsheet commercially available therefore I want
to want to protect my formulae by making it invisible to prying eyes and
through auditing. I can out some in a password hidden sheet but some cells
need to appear on visible sheets. Can I somehow make the formula invisible
on the input bar or should can I prevent te input bart appearing. I ma
uising Excel 2002

Thanks for you advice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format cells containing a formula as locked and hidden (Cells
formatting/Protection) then protect the worksheet (possibly with a password)!

Regards,
Stefi

€žJGG€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I am hoping to make my spreadsheet commercially available therefore I want
to want to protect my formulae by making it invisible to prying eyes and
through auditing. I can out some in a password hidden sheet but some cells
need to appear on visible sheets. Can I somehow make the formula invisible
on the input bar or should can I prevent te input bart appearing. I ma
uising Excel 2002

Thanks for you advice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You should be aware, however, that Excel passwords are very easy to crack,
and so I wouldn't bet you fortunes on creating a "commercial" excel workbook
from whose proceeds you can retire.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Stefi" wrote:

Format cells containing a formula as locked and hidden (Cells
formatting/Protection) then protect the worksheet (possibly with a password)!

Regards,
Stefi

€žJGG€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I am hoping to make my spreadsheet commercially available therefore I want
to want to protect my formulae by making it invisible to prying eyes and
through auditing. I can out some in a password hidden sheet but some cells
need to appear on visible sheets. Can I somehow make the formula invisible
on the input bar or should can I prevent te input bart appearing. I ma
uising Excel 2002

Thanks for you advice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

JGG

A note here........Excel internal passwords for sheet and workbook protection
are very easily cracked.

Posted by JE McGimpsey........................

In general there is no internal XL security that can't be bypassed by a
moderately interested person who can find these newsgroups. See:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

Your best bet for anti-piracy would be to redesign and compile your
spreadsheet as a COM add-in.

End JE post..................................

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

„JGG” ezt írta:

I am hoping to make my spreadsheet commercially available therefore I want
to want to protect my formulae by making it invisible to prying eyes and
through auditing. I can out some in a password hidden sheet but some cells
need to appear on visible sheets. Can I somehow make the formula invisible
on the input bar or should can I prevent te input bart appearing. I ma
uising Excel 2002

Thanks for you advice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

JGG

Start here at MSDN site.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...AFromAddin.asp

Gord

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:19:43 GMT, "JGG" wrote:

Please can you point me in the direction of compiling the spreadsheet as a
COM add-in

Thanks

.. .