Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to get the doted printing area as default

Please note that I can get the doted lines in every single excel work sheet
separatly when opened using : tools- option- page break but..
How can I set it as default for all new and current excel worksheets. Can
You help.
Thank you.
Sam

08 94030303
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sam

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. FileSave
As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook
"BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew

Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

To set this for all sheets in existing workbooks, you could use a macro.

Sub View_Breaks()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set wkbktodo = ActiveWorkbook
For Each ws In wkbktodo.Worksheets
ws.DisplayAutomaticPageBreaks = True
Next ws
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 01:41:01 -0700, Sam Farid <Sam Farid
@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

Please note that I can get the doted lines in every single excel work sheet
separatly when opened using : tools- option- page break but..
How can I set it as default for all new and current excel worksheets. Can
You help.
Thank you.
Sam

08 94030303