Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default Printing

Hi,
I'm having a problem somehow my default setting for page is in
landscape not

portrait. I can change the file I'm in but the default stays the same,
how do I

change the default.

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not an Excel problem but a Windows one.
This works for both my HP printers
1) Start | Control Panel | Printers and Faxes
2) Right click on the printer and Open Properties
3) Open Advanced tab and look for Printer Defaults button
4) On this dialog, set Portrait or Landscape as needed
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,
I'm having a problem somehow my default setting for page is in
landscape not

portrait. I can change the file I'm in but the default stays the same,
how do I

change the default.

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,
I'm having a problem somehow my default setting for page is in
landscape not

portrait. I can change the file I'm in but the default stays the same,
how do I

change the default.

Chuck
Bernard, thanks,

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,
I'm having a problem somehow my default setting for page is in
landscape not

portrait. I can change the file I'm in but the default stays the same,
how do I

change the default.

Chuck
Bernrd, Thanks, but I tried that and am still having the problem. My other programs such as Word work fine. Is there anything else I can do? This problem only came up in the last week.

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Someone might write a macro for you. You could put a On OPEN macro in
PERSONAL.XLS that resets the printer to landscape everytime PERSONAL.XLS
opens (which occurs everytime you start Excel)
Put a question on the excel.programming group and see if you can locate a
kind soul with VBA skills.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme