Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell colors or text color changing when date in cell gets closer.

My problem is this; I have a mutiple page worksheet that will have a lot of
dates. What I need for inspection purposes is a formula that when each date
gets closer either the cell or the text changes color. I need to have
hi-lighted when that date is getting within 90 days, 60 days, 30 days and
when it expires. I can maybe do without the last one of expiration if the
under 30 days one stays bright red after expiring. I.e. a person's visa
expiration is in Feb 07. When that date is within 90 days, I need it to alert
me. Then again within 60 days with a new color, 30 days with a new color and
etc.
Do I have to have a seperate column or adjacent cell of any sort to make
this happen?

American Perplexed in Afghanistan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is a matter of Conditional formatting (Format/Conditional formatting) !
See XL Help for details, it's easy!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Chase€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

My problem is this; I have a mutiple page worksheet that will have a lot of
dates. What I need for inspection purposes is a formula that when each date
gets closer either the cell or the text changes color. I need to have
hi-lighted when that date is getting within 90 days, 60 days, 30 days and
when it expires. I can maybe do without the last one of expiration if the
under 30 days one stays bright red after expiring. I.e. a person's visa
expiration is in Feb 07. When that date is within 90 days, I need it to alert
me. Then again within 60 days with a new color, 30 days with a new color and
etc.
Do I have to have a seperate column or adjacent cell of any sort to make
this happen?

American Perplexed in Afghanistan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell colors or text color changing when date in cell gets clos

Thank you but, I already understand that it is conditional formatting. I also
understand it is probably possible. But, there is nothing explaining it in
excel help. I have been through Excel help for two days and watched even the
tutorials. I do not see the formulas for which I am having trouble.

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If dates are in column A (suppose a heading in A1) then select the range
required, formulas for conditional formatting a

1. =A2-TODAY()<0 expired
2. =A2-TODAY()<30 within 30 days
3. =A2-TODAY()<60 within 60 days

The problem is that XL allows only 3 conditions, so there is no space for
case within 90 days, you have to think it over!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Chase€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

"Chase" wrote:

Thank you Stefi. You are a gem.