Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DrB DrB is offline

Default Inserting day with date automatically - how?

Have "date" in header updating automatically in Excel 2002 (XP). How can I
also have the "day" inserted there and updated automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=TODAY()

"DrB" wrote:

Have "date" in header updating automatically in Excel 2002 (XP). How can I
also have the "day" inserted there and updated automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = Format(Date, "ddd dd mmm yyyy")
End With
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DrB" wrote in message
Have "date" in header updating automatically in Excel 2002 (XP). How can I
also have the "day" inserted there and updated automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DrB DrB is offline

I copied the following:
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = Format(Date, "ddd dd mmm yyyy")
End With
End Sub

and pasted into a new workbook code obtain from viewing code in the file
that I wanted this option, but nothing happened. Went into viewing
Header/Footer and found nothing new there. Is there another step?

"DrB" wrote in message
Have "date" in header updating automatically in Excel 2002 (XP). How can
also have the "day" inserted there and updated automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It won't be in header/footer, it happens when you print. So a print preview.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

I copied the following:

"DrB" wrote in message
Have "date" in header updating automatically in Excel 2002 (XP). How

can
also have the "day" inserted there and updated automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DrB DrB is offline

I changed the security level to medium and closed. Reopened with it asking
me if I wanted to macro which I answered "yes". Went to print preview and it
still showed the date but not the day. What am I missing?

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
It won't be in header/footer, it happens when you print. So a print
preview.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

I copied the following:

"DrB" wrote in message
Have "date" in header updating automatically in Excel 2002 (XP). How

can
also have the "day" inserted there and updated automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DrB DrB is offline

Default Inserting day with date automatically - how? CORRECTION

Sorry I was looking at the right margin rather than the left. Yes it works
so I changed it to the right margin. Thank you very much.

"DrB" wrote in message
I changed the security level to medium and closed. Reopened with it asking
me if I wanted to macro which I answered "yes". Went to print preview and
it still showed the date but not the day. What am I missing?

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
It won't be in header/footer, it happens when you print. So a print
preview.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips