Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copy formla that refers to another worksht down

I want to add two cells on worksheet 1 to sum in a cell on worksheet 2 in the
same workbook. Then I want to copy that formula down a few cells on whsht 2
letting the columns change and the row remain static. However, when I copy
down the formula it changes the rows and keeps the column. If I anchor the
row, it copies the exact formula changing nothing. I need an answer in a
hurry!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JNW JNW is offline

To keep the row constant try:
Instead of A2 put A$2 in the formula

Placing a $ sign in front of either the row or column will make it stay the
same when copying or dragging.
--
JNW

"STAR263" wrote:

I want to add two cells on worksheet 1 to sum in a cell on worksheet 2 in the
same workbook. Then I want to copy that formula down a few cells on whsht 2
letting the columns change and the row remain static. However, when I copy
down the formula it changes the rows and keeps the column. If I anchor the
row, it copies the exact formula changing nothing. I need an answer in a
hurry!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you might want to use the OFFSET function for this. Without knowing
what cell references you're using, I'll just assume your data starts in A1 on
both sheets.

On Sheet2 enter:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,ROW()-1)+OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$2,0,ROW()-1)

By using the ROW function in the column reference of the OFFSET function,
you should get your desired incrementation results when the formula is copied
down Sheet2.

HTH,
Elkar