Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Remove Civic numbers in Street Address, move to previous blank cell

How can I take a cell with a street address (345 Beaverbrook Avenue) and
remove the "345", and place it the previous blank cell in order to split the
civic number and street name into separate cells for sorting purposes?

So |345 Beaverbrook Avenue| becomes |345|Beaverbrook Avenue|.

Probably easy when you know how. Thanks.

RT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The number:

=VALUE(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))