Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Shortcut key strange behaviour

Actually I'm not sure whether the following problem is related to shortcut
key or not. Normally, when you press CTRL-F in an excel worksheet, it will
bring up the find & replace function. But some of my user complained that
their worksheet runs some strange macro when CTRL-F is pressed (I have no
idea what function is running behind, I also have no idea what the user have
done to their PC). I have checked there is no marco coding for the worksheet
in problem. Even if I open a blank worksheet and press CTRL-F, some strange
function is executed other then the find & replace function.

How can I reset the original shortcut key function for excel?

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I know exactly what you are talking about. I once assigned CTRL+F to a macro and I deleted it right away.

I have checked there is no marco coding for the worksheet
in problem.

Tools Macro Macros is the place to check and reassign/delete.

The experts will probably tell you in more details.

Epinn

"BB programmer" wrote in message ...
Actually I'm not sure whether the following problem is related to shortcut
key or not. Normally, when you press CTRL-F in an excel worksheet, it will
bring up the find & replace function. But some of my user complained that
their worksheet runs some strange macro when CTRL-F is pressed (I have no
idea what function is running behind, I also have no idea what the user have
done to their PC). I have checked there is no marco coding for the worksheet
in problem. Even if I open a blank worksheet and press CTRL-F, some strange
function is executed other then the find & replace function.

How can I reset the original shortcut key function for excel?

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your reply, however ...

I have checked tools - marco - macros, it is blank already. This strange
function runs even if I open a blank worksheet and press CTRL-F. A new blank
worksheet should not contain any previous recorded marco. It seems it is no
relation with which worksheet used.