Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Use of Paste Special - Operation

Hi All,

In the PASTE SPECIAL ,what is the use of
OPERATION(Add,Sbtract,Multiply,Divide)
radio button. can anybody expliain with example.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Avadivelan TCS" wrote in message
Hi All,

In the PASTE SPECIAL ,what is the use of
OPERATION(Add,Sbtract,Multiply,Divide)
radio button. can anybody expliain with example.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

If you have a cell with the value 3, for example, if you copy that cell,
then select a range of cells and use Paste Special/ Multiply, it will
multiply the value in each cell in the selected range by 3.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Deactivate several hyperlinks at once
1.. Type the number 1 in a blank cell, and right-click the cell.
2.. Click Copy on the shortcut menu.
3.. While pressing CTRL, select each hyperlink you want to deactivate.
4.. Click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
5.. Under Operation, click Multiply and then click OK.
The above is from Excel Help. This is one example of using multiply.

I also use multiply by 1 to convert numbers in text format (i.e. left aligned in a cell) to number format (i.e. right aligned). "Add 0" achieves the same.

Epinn

"David Biddulph" wrote in message ...
"Avadivelan TCS" wrote in message
Hi All,

In the PASTE SPECIAL ,what is the use of
OPERATION(Add,Sbtract,Multiply,Divide)
radio button. can anybody expliain with example.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

If you have a cell with the value 3, for example, if you copy that cell,
then select a range of cells and use Paste Special/ Multiply, it will
multiply the value in each cell in the selected range by 3.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Epinn, that's not what the Operations are for.

They were there before hyperlink's existed.

remember KIS

Steve

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:41:49 +0100, Epinn
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you tried using the operation options to see what happens?

They add, subtract,multiply and divide the selected cell(s) by what you have
copied onto the clipboard.

i.e. you have 10 in A1

You have 3 in B1

Copy B1 and paste specialmultiply to A1

What result do you get?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:00:02 -0700, Avadivelan TCS
wrote:

Hi All,

In the PASTE SPECIAL ,what is the use of
OPERATION(Add,Sbtract,Multiply,Divide)
radio button. can anybody expliain with example.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Epinn, it's a public forum - I don't push standards or guide lines

The *extras or bonus* stuff is what makes these forums a bonus :)

I really only meant that maybe a complicated answer should be presented as
*bonus* rather than the *answer*

Steve