Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need help with complicated Vlookup, or possibly other function

So I need to do a vlookup based on 2 values. so...looking at the table here
is what I have. On the first column, is a range of 1-100. There are specific
intervals, for instance, the first region is 1-18. So... if the vlookup range
is 1-18 then look at the next region. In the column after this, there is also
a subset like this of 1-100 ranges.

So basically, lets say 1-18 is animals, and 19-25 is colors. So if the first
lookup number is 17, then there is another lookup number that will be 1-100
that would choose which animal...if it lands on 20, then I need the second
lookup of 1-100 to choose the colors etc etc...

I am sorry if this doesnt make sense, I tried to explain the best I could =)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INDEX($D$1:$D$200,MATCH(1,($A$1:$A$200=firs_value )*($B$1:$B$200=second_valu
e),0))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

A is the lookup first column, B the second and D the column to return in
this example.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

[...]