Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If statement

Is there a formula that can calculate if an incorrect date is keyed into a
cell?

Example
This is what was keyed

First Payment Days to Maturity Note Date
10/10/2006 180 06/12/2006

They should have placed 01/10/2007 in the field "First Payment". I have a
data table set up on a seperate sheet with the Days to maturity. I'm using
the VLOOKUP to reference this table for all other worksheets.

I would like to add an additional column that says "Attention" if the date
they key in First Payment is not equal to days to maturity from the note
date? I'll be glad to send the file to someone if that would help. I'm not
very good at explaining this kind of thing.

-- Thanks a bunch!
rojobrown
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming data is in columns A, B and C then in (for example) column D:

=if(A2<C2+B2,"Attention","")

Using your figures (assuming US date format) I calculate first payment is
12/09/2006 i.e 9th December 2006 i.e. 180 days from 12th June 2006.

Or have I misunderstood?

"rojobrown" wrote:

Is there a formula that can calculate if an incorrect date is keyed into a
cell?

Example
This is what was keyed

First Payment Days to Maturity Note Date
10/10/2006 180 06/12/2006

They should have placed 01/10/2007 in the field "First Payment". I have a
data table set up on a seperate sheet with the Days to maturity. I'm using
the VLOOKUP to reference this table for all other worksheets.

I would like to add an additional column that says "Attention" if the date
they key in First Payment is not equal to days to maturity from the note
date? I'll be glad to send the file to someone if that would help. I'm not
very good at explaining this kind of thing.

-- Thanks a bunch!
rojobrown

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you've got the jist of it. The one problem I'm running into is that
the Days to Maturity is in the data table that I set up on another worksheet.
The users fill in a specific number on the data entered in worksheet and
then I have another file that does the vlookup to find which company and then
uses that data. Would there be any way I could send you the file I am using
and you take a peak at that?
--
Thanks a bunch!
rojobrown