Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I use conditional formatting to colour rows of data?

I would like to use conditional formatting to highlight an entire row of data
based on the value being correct in one cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Simon,

If your reference cell is A5, and the "correct value" equals say 2006,
then

Use Conditional Formatting
Formula is
=MATCH(2006,$A5,0)
Format as you wish
and copy to all the cells in this very same row which should be
colorized ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Simon wrote:
I would like to use conditional formatting to highlight an entire row of data
based on the value being correct in one cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Simon wrote:
I would like to use conditional formatting to highlight an entire row
of data based on the value being correct in one cell.

Hi Simon,

just select the row of data, then from menu Format, Conditional formatting
select "Formula is" under condition 1, then input the formula:

=$A1=5

then choose the formatting you like.

Here I assume that the cells to format the row are in column A and that you
want to cheange the format if the cell equal 5.

So, the important thing to remember in Conditional formatting when you want
to change the format of a row based on a single cell is using of mixed
references (absolute column and relative row). Of course, if you want to
changethe format of a column based on a single cell you have to use mixed
references with absolute row and relative column.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy