Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Error when using Indirect

I am using the following function in one spreadsheet but when I copy it to a
different spreadsheet I get the #value! error.

=SUM(INDIRECT("$F$11:$F$"&(11+D3)-1))

Can anyone help? I want to only sum a certain number of rows based on what
month it is. I have the month in cell D3 and my data starts in F11. If it
is the 3rd month of the year I want it to sum F11:F13.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi

=sum(f11:indirect("F"&11+d3-1))

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"dragea" escreveu:

I am using the following function in one spreadsheet but when I copy it to a
different spreadsheet I get the #value! error.

=SUM(INDIRECT("$F$11:$F$"&(11+D3)-1))

Can anyone help? I want to only sum a certain number of rows based on what
month it is. I have the month in cell D3 and my data starts in F11. If it
is the 3rd month of the year I want it to sum F11:F13.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe this:

=SUM(F11:INDEX(F11:F22,D3))

If D3 is empty the entire range will be calculated.

Biff