Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Weakness in the Drag Function of Excel 2007 (Beta)

Dear Sir,

All these years I have been using Corel Quattro Pro Spreadsheet in the office.
However, I have an opportunity to work intensively with the Excel 2004 in
the lately.

During the course of my work, I detected a weakness in the drag function of
the Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I would like to highlight it to you and making a
suggestion for improvement.

The drag function of Excel 2003 as well as Excel 2007 (Beta 1) have this
weakness.
A block of the cells to be moved must be pointed towards the very border of
its outline in order for the + sign to appear before dragging can start. Too
many occasion, I find it very difficult to get the + sign as the mouse arrow
has a very narrow area around the highlighted block to get it (+ sign) and
drag.

Unlike in the Corel Quattro Pro, the + sign area is significantly larger.
This enabling the block to be drag around the worksheet with minimal effort.
It is more difficult to loose the + sign during the dragging action.

In order to overcome this problem, I would like to suggest that an area
equivalent to a row height of 8 to 9 around the inner border of the
highlighted block be set as the dragging area. This new feature would improve
the efficiency of working with Excel Worksheets.

I hope my suggestion helps.

Kind Regards

Low Seng Kuang
Malaysia