Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do the details in an excel spreadsheet move to a summary page

I have detailed data that needs to be rolled up to a summary page reflecting
the total of the data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Something like =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet2!A1) ?

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Millard" wrote in message
I have detailed data that needs to be rolled up to a summary page
reflecting
the total of the data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BFC BFC is offline

Have you tried a PivotTable?

"Millard" wrote:

I have detailed data that needs to be rolled up to a summary page reflecting
the total of the data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do the details in an excel spreadsheet move to a summary p

No I haven't tried a Pivot table, is that easy to do, and where do I go to
get the steps?

Thanks,

"BFC" wrote:

Have you tried a PivotTable?

"Millard" wrote:

I have detailed data that needs to be rolled up to a summary page reflecting
the total of the data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BFC BFC is offline

I would refer to Excel Help on this. They're fairly easy to create, and
Excel has a built in Wizard to help you create the PivotTable. If you want
to jump right in, go to Data, Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Report. It should
walk you right through it.

"Millard" wrote:

No I haven't tried a Pivot table, is that easy to do, and where do I go to
get the steps?

Thanks,

"BFC" wrote:

Have you tried a PivotTable?

"Millard" wrote:

I have detailed data that needs to be rolled up to a summary page reflecting
the total of the data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's it! Thank you for the wonderful, quick help. Got my report done on
time!

all the best!

"Millard" wrote:

No I haven't tried a Pivot table, is that easy to do, and where do I go to
get the steps?

Thanks,

"BFC" wrote:

Have you tried a PivotTable?