n.almeida

Default How to make a cell return the formatted value in a text string (i.

I have a cell A1 with a date (say 01.Jan.2005). I format it to display
050101. I have a cell cell B1 with a code (say 101).
I want to join then in C1; =A1&" - "&B1; I expect the result 050101 - 101
but I get 38353 - 101.
I know that the number corresponds to serial number of that date in the
Excel. But I don't have any use for that number, what I want is the formatted
date
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=TEXT(A1,"yymmdd")&" - "&B1

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"n.almeida" wrote in message
I have a cell A1 with a date (say 01.Jan.2005). I format it to display
050101. I have a cell cell B1 with a code (say 101).
I want to join then in C1; =A1&" - "&B1; I expect the result 050101 - 101
but I get 38353 - 101.
I know that the number corresponds to serial number of that date in the
Excel. But I don't have any use for that number, what I want is the

formatted
date

n.almeida

Thanks