Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula/Function to insert month by name in a cell

Hi, I would like to write a formula that would automatically write the
current month, by name, in a cell. thanks in advance. Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi

=today() custom format as "mmmm" (no quotes)

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"mjdntn" escreveu:

Hi, I would like to write a formula that would automatically write the
current month, by name, in a cell. thanks in advance. Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm")

--