-   -   Formula/Function to insert month by name in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/111663-formula-function-insert-month-name-cell.html)

mjdntn

Formula/Function to insert month by name in a cell

Hi, I would like to write a formula that would automatically write the
current month, by name, in a cell. thanks in advance. Mike

Marcelo

Formula/Function to insert month by name in a cell

hi

=today() custom format as "mmmm" (no quotes)

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"mjdntn" escreveu:

Hi, I would like to write a formula that would automatically write the
current month, by name, in a cell. thanks in advance. Mike

RagDyeR

Formula/Function to insert month by name in a cell

One way:

=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm")

--
HTH,