Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lookup data

I have a spreadsheet with a column that must have a specific code inserted.
I have a separate spreadsheet with the code and correlated info. How can I
created a lookup field in that one column that allows me to choose from the
codes in the second spreadsheet as well as see the correlated info for each
code?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jaci,

1. on sheet1 create a drop down box, and set the properties to look to your
data on sheet2, you should make a reference to another cell, lets say H1.

2. create a ID column on the left side of you data 1,2,3,4...etc.

3. assuming that you drop down box is on A2 use this formula in:

B2 =vlookup(sheet2!h1,sheet2!a2:a1000,3,false)
C2 =vlookup(sheet2!h1,sheet2!a2:a1000,d,false)

when you select a code on the drop down excel will show you the information
that you need.
hth
--
regards from Brazil