Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo Marcelo is offline

Default lookup data

Hi Jaci,

1. on sheet1 create a drop down box, and set the properties to look to your
data on sheet2, you should make a reference to another cell, lets say H1.

2. create a ID column on the left side of you data 1,2,3,4...etc.

3. assuming that you drop down box is on A2 use this formula in:

B2 =vlookup(sheet2!h1,sheet2!a2:a1000,3,false)
C2 =vlookup(sheet2!h1,sheet2!a2:a1000,d,false)

when you select a code on the drop down excel will show you the information
that you need.
hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Jaci" escreveu:

I have a spreadsheet with a column that must have a specific code inserted.
I have a separate spreadsheet with the code and correlated info. How can I
created a lookup field in that one column that allows me to choose from the
codes in the second spreadsheet as well as see the correlated info for each
code?