Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If a Row is blank

I would like a formula that will indicate if a row is blank or not.

this function in cell K2 {if A2:J2 is null, then put "Remove", else "Keep".}
so if that range is blank then put "Remove" if C2 has a value then put
"Keep" in K2 cell

How would I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(ISBLANK(A2:J2),"remove","keep")
This is an array formula, confirm with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, then drag it down
as necessary!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛jac007€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I would like a formula that will indicate if a row is blank or not.

this function in cell K2 {if A2:J2 is null, then put "Remove", else "Keep".}
so if that range is blank then put "Remove" if C2 has a value then put
"Keep" in K2 cell

How would I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(A2),ISBLANK(B2),ISBLANK(C2),ISBLAN K(D2),ISBLANK(E2),ISBLANK(F2),ISBLANK(G2),ISBLANK( H2),ISBLANK(I2),ISBLANK(J2))=TRUE,"Remove","Keep")

should do the job ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Use the formula as :

=IF(A2:J2="","Remove","Keep")

Don't forget to use the CRTL+SHIFT+ENTER keys to execute the function,
instead of simply pressing the ENTER key. Braces will appear over both
the ends if you press the keys correctly in the formula bar and your
desired output at the cell.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks,
Shail

jac007 wrote:
I would like a formula that will indicate if a row is blank or not.

this function in cell K2 {if A2:J2 is null, then put "Remove", else "Keep".}
so if that range is blank then put "Remove" if C2 has a value then put
"Keep" in K2 cell

How would I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did what you said and it does the same as stefi's. I did put ctrl + shift +
enter and gave me this {=IF(A2:J2="","Remove","Keep")} and I dragged that
formula all the way down and I checked to see if the other cells continued to
put the {} and it did I got on K3 {=IF(B3:J3="","Remove","Keep")} appeared
and so on.

jac007 wrote:
I would like a formula that will indicate if a row is blank or not.

this function in cell K2 {if A2:J2 is null, then put "Remove", else "Keep".}
so if that range is blank then put "Remove" if C2 has a value then put
"Keep" in K2 cell

How would I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

jac,

=IF(COUNTA(A2:J2)=0, "Remove","Keep")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jac007" wrote in message
I would like a formula that will indicate if a row is blank or not.

this function in cell K2 {if A2:J2 is null, then put "Remove", else "Keep".}
so if that range is blank then put "Remove" if C2 has a value then put
"Keep" in K2 cell

How would I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(A2),ISBLANK(B2),ISBLANK(C2),ISBLAN K(D2),ISBLANK(E2),ISBLANK(F2),ISBLANK(G2),ISBLANK( H2),ISBLANK(I2),ISBLANK(J2))=TRUE,"Remove","Keep")

should do the job ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

stefi's formula needs the AND to work.

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(A2:J2)),"remove","keep")

Still <Shift<Ctrl<Enter

AND(ISBLANK(A2:J2))

is the shorter form of Carim's formula, but for it to work,
it has to be array-entered.

--
Best regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I should have mentioned that if you have formulas that return "", then you should use

=IF(COUNTBLANK(A2:J2)=10, "Remove","Keep")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
jac,

=IF(COUNTA(A2:J2)=0, "Remove","Keep")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jac007" wrote in message
I would like a formula that will indicate if a row is blank or not.

this function in cell K2 {if A2:J2 is null, then put "Remove", else "Keep".}
so if that range is blank then put "Remove" if C2 has a value then put
"Keep" in K2 cell

How would I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org skrev i en meddelelse
I should have mentioned that if you have formulas that return "", then you
should use

=IF(COUNTBLANK(A2:J2)=10, "Remove","Keep")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Or

=IF(COUNTBLANK(A2:J2)=COLUMNS(A2:J2), "Remove","Keep")

--
Best regards
Leo Heuser

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Leo,

I didn't understand what's wrong with my formula!
Regards,
Stefi

€˛Leo Heuser€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(A2),ISBLANK(B2),ISBLANK(C2),ISBLAN K(D2),ISBLANK(E2),ISBLANK(F2),ISBLANK(G2),ISBLANK( H2),ISBLANK(I2),ISBLANK(J2))=TRUE,"Remove","Keep")

should do the job ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

stefi's formula needs the AND to work.

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(A2:J2)),"remove","keep")

Still <Shift<Ctrl<Enter

AND(ISBLANK(A2:J2))

is the shorter form of Carim's formula, but for it to work,
it has to be array-entered.

--
Best regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Stefi" skrev i en meddelelse
Thanks Leo,

I didn't understand what's wrong with my formula!
Regards,
Stefi

You're welcome, Stefi.

Regards