Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need to write 3D formula averaging total sales between 3 workshee

I need to write a 3D formula averaging January Sales for B3:B8 linking
between 3 worksheets called Sales 2002, Sales 2003, Sales 2004. Please help
me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Insert 2 blank sheets in your WB and name them "Start" and "End" (no
quotes).

Place the "Start" sheet *before* the 2002 sheet, and the "End" sheet *after*
the 2004 sheet.

THEN ... try this:

=AVERAGE(Start:End!B3:B8)

--

HTH,

RD

"Marian" wrote in message
I need to write a 3D formula averaging January Sales for B3:B8 linking
between 3 worksheets called Sales 2002, Sales 2003, Sales 2004. Please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need to write 3D formula averaging total sales between 3 works

Your funny! Lol! Thank you. I had just figured it out when I got your
response. Now I will probably drink a glass of Lambrusco to get rid of my
stress headache. Again, thank you.

"Marian" wrote in message
I need to write a 3D formula averaging January Sales for B3:B8 linking
between 3 worksheets called Sales 2002, Sales 2003, Sales 2004. Please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

<<<"Your funny! Lol!"

Didn't intend to be, but glad you enjoyed it.<g

Actually, that type of "sandwich" is used by many for purposes of "What
If?".

Without changing the formula, simply moving sheets in and out of the
sandwich, changes the return of the formula.
*Only* sheets *PHYSICALLY* within the confines of those 'dummy' sheets will
be calculated by the formula, so you can get the results of different
scenarios simply by clicking and dragging tabs around.

Of course, you really don't need 'dummy' sheets.
You could just as easily have referenced any existing sheets for the borders
of your calculation.
The only disadvantage of doing so is that the border sheets are included in
the sphere of calculation, and therefore cannot be so easily eliminated from
a "What If" scenario if you so desire, without changing the formula itself.

RD