Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formula

I have a series of data in a two row and need to make a conditional lookup.
The problem is, that a conditional formula is restricted to 7 arguments.

The problem:
I have two rows. In the upper row is a target value for each month and in
the lower the realized value is entered. In a column i need: 1. the latest
entered realized value 2. the target value corresponding to the latest
entered realized value.

I hope you can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say your data are in row 2 and row 3, in columns A:L for 12 months, then
in column M
row 2 (target) =INDEX(A3:L3,1,COUNT(A2:L2))
row 3 (realized) =INDEX(A2:L2,1,COUNT(A2:L2))

Regards,
Stefi

€žLars€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I have a series of data in a two row and need to make a conditional lookup.
The problem is, that a conditional formula is restricted to 7 arguments.

The problem:
I have two rows. In the upper row is a target value for each month and in
the lower the realized value is entered. In a column i need: 1. the latest
entered realized value 2. the target value corresponding to the latest
entered realized value.

I hope you can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I cannot see how you want me to use this - can you explain it in more detail.
The way I wanted to do it with conditional formulas was:

The latest realized value: If december is empty - use november, unless this
is empty - then use october, unless this is empty...and so on.

The corresponding target: If realized value for december is empty - use
target for november, unless realized value for november is empty too - then
use target for october...and so on

"Teethless mama" skrev:

Use HLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH