Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need a formula to do some calculations with time.

I need a formula to calculate time units for concurrency issues and for
descrepancies in an audit. What I need below:

1.) a formula to calculate the minutes in 10 and 15 min incriments.
This formula should divide minutes by 10 & 15 min incriments. We then need
it to round to the tenths, for specific insurances such as: Medicare.

2.) a formula to capture concurrency issues. (when time overlaps per provider)

We use a db spreadsheet for this.

Example: Pt had surgery. Start time: 7:30 Stop time: 8:45. total mins: 65
Formula we had been using until we discovered that it did not round to the
tenths when needed. =+A1/15

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm always amazed why the example given is not accurate.
7:30 to 8:45 is 75 minutes in my book....

Anyway if you would want to get the minutes rounded to the nearest ten
minutes, use the following formula
=ROUND((B2-A2)*60*24,-1)
where A2 is the start time and B2 is the end time.

good luck
greetings from New Zealand
Bill Kuunders

"littledeb31" wrote in message
I need a formula to calculate time units for concurrency issues and for
descrepancies in an audit. What I need below:

1.) a formula to calculate the minutes in 10 and 15 min incriments.
This formula should divide minutes by 10 & 15 min incriments. We then need
it to round to the tenths, for specific insurances such as: Medicare.

2.) a formula to capture concurrency issues. (when time overlaps per
provider)

We use a db spreadsheet for this.

Example: Pt had surgery. Start time: 7:30 Stop time: 8:45. total mins: 65
Formula we had been using until we discovered that it did not round to the
tenths when needed. =+A1/15

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Example: Pt had surgery. Start time: 7:30 Stop time: 8:45. total mins: 65
Formula we had been using until we discovered that it did not round to the
tenths when needed. =+A1/15

The total time would be 75 mins, not 65. 75/15 divides evenly, = 5.

What are you wanting to do? Round to the nearest 15 mins and then get a
count of the 15 min units?

Maybe you should provide some samples.

Biff