Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Not a lottery success with Excel

Please help, I am attempting to create a lottery information,
generator and check sheet in Excel and have hit a wall. I need to copy
the values of some cells over to another part of the spreadsheet and
then have them compare with another set of data that holds the past
results. I am no expert at Excel, in fact far from it and would
appreciate some advice. I have created a small worksheet to show what
I am trying to do and would be pleased to post it to anyone who could
get me out of this hole I am and let me get back to sleeping at night.

Thank You

Terry.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm thinking that some simple VLOOKUP() or COUNTIF() formulas will probably
do the job for you. I'm willing to take a look at the workbook, IF you're
willing to:
#1 - accept that I can't look at it until after 5 p.m. central today
#2 - you may not get an analysis back in time to win Sunday's PowerBall
drawing
#3 - when you win using the results, I get a 10% finder's fee <g

is a good email address for this.

"Terry" wrote:

Please help, I am attempting to create a lottery information,
generator and check sheet in Excel and have hit a wall. I need to copy
the values of some cells over to another part of the spreadsheet and
then have them compare with another set of data that holds the past
results. I am no expert at Excel, in fact far from it and would
appreciate some advice. I have created a small worksheet to show what
I am trying to do and would be pleased to post it to anyone who could
get me out of this hole I am and let me get back to sleeping at night.

Thank You

Terry.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Send me the workbook with DETAILED instructions as to what you want. I will
take a look.
Although I no longer play the Texas Lotto, I designed a rather extensive
workbook for it where all I had to do was input the numbers I bought and the
program would do the rest with only ONE mouse click to get the winning
numbers from the web and compare with mine.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software