Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default finding the right formula

ok, iM trying to figure out a formula that calculates time..
Im working in construction domain and there is what i wanna do on my sheet..

i have cell that eqals the hours work during the day.. so .. C4 is the time
of beginning, C5 the time of ending, D1 is the time of dinner that i have to
take off every day. .. so my formula is =C5-$D$1-C4 till then it is ok but
the thing is if the person did not work at one point one day, the total stays
0.5 so what should i put in my formula that will equal "0" that day?.. been
searching for a while and now i'm out of ideas lolll...
Can anyone help me please? and thank you..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If a person did not work, then presumably the start time or the finish
time would be blank, so you can amend your formula as follows:

=IF(OR(C4="",C5=""),0,C5-$D$1-C4)

This will return zero if either of the two times are left blank.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Sheila wrote:
ok, iM trying to figure out a formula that calculates time..
Im working in construction domain and there is what i wanna do on my sheet..

i have cell that eqals the hours work during the day.. so .. C4 is the time
of beginning, C5 the time of ending, D1 is the time of dinner that i have to
take off every day. .. so my formula is =C5-$D$1-C4 till then it is ok but
the thing is if the person did not work at one point one day, the total stays
0.5 so what should i put in my formula that will equal "0" that day?.. been
searching for a while and now i'm out of ideas lolll...
Can anyone help me please? and thank you..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sheila

Try
=IF(COUNT(C4:C5)<2,0,C5-C4-$D$1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Sheila" wrote in message
ok, iM trying to figure out a formula that calculates time..
Im working in construction domain and there is what i wanna do on my
sheet..

i have cell that eqals the hours work during the day.. so .. C4 is the
time
of beginning, C5 the time of ending, D1 is the time of dinner that i
have to
take off every day. .. so my formula is =C5-$D$1-C4 till then it is
ok but
the thing is if the person did not work at one point one day, the
total stays
0.5 so what should i put in my formula that will equal "0" that day?..
been
searching for a while and now i'm out of ideas lolll...
Can anyone help me please? and thank you..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

WELL I DID FIND THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP,, BUT BY
SEARCHING ON THE WEB,,I FOUND THIS,, THE ANSWER..

=SI(C5-$D$1-C4<0,0,C5-$D$1-C4)