Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Edinburgh

Default i need help with finding a specific formula

Hi Within Excel I want to be able to run the following formula. I want excel
to do the following in laymans terms

We have a coloumn of figures. I want excel to look through the coloumn and
if any of the figures match I want to add a value on to the original value !

Hope that makes sense and hope someone can help

Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Dave

Do you mean COUNTIF()
In Cell B1 enter the number you are looking for, say 5
in C1
=COUNTIF(A:A,B1)
will return the number of 5's in column A.
Is this what you mean?

--
Regards

Roger Govier