Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Flag for Follow Up

Hi folks, any advice with the following greatly appreciated.

I've a spreadsheet that, on occasions, will have an entry in a particular
cell changed / removed. However, it will need to be replaced again by the
user at a later date. I'd like to have a reminder flash up at, say, daily
intervals, but I'd like to be able to set this at the start when the data is
removed using a macro attached to a custom button and ideally for the message
to not only remind the user to replace the data, but to remind them what the
data said and which cell it came from!

Is this expecting a bit much from Excel? I've tried recording a macro using
the "flag for follow up" toolbar button, but as soon as I start the macro
that particular button is not clickable...

Thanks again for any help,

Rich.