Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Change second digit from 4 to 6

Hello from Steved

I have 5401 to 5499 and need it to be 5601 to 5699 please

If there a formula I can use to acheive the above.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Each number is in its own cell?

Put 200 in an empty cell
Select that cell
edit|copy
select your range to adjust
edit|Paste special|Add
clean up that cell with 200 in it.

or
=a1+200

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Steved

Why not enter 200 in a empty cell
Copy this cell

Select the range and use EditPaste Special...Add

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Steved" wrote in message ...
Hello from Steved

I have 5401 to 5499 and need it to be 5601 to 5699 please

If there a formula I can use to acheive the above.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you need a formula, simply do:

=replace(a1,2,1,"4")

Replaces 1 character, starting from the 2nd character, with "4". This
won't overwrite your old numbers, so the other suggestion appears to be
better. A1 would be the cell you want replaced. Keep in mind that this
will return a value in whatever cell you write the formula in - again,
the other method shoold work better