Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Fill in if..

I HAVE TWO SHEETS ONE FOR MASTER INFO AND ONE FOR MONTHLY ORDERS I NEED TO
HAVE THE MONTHLY ORDERS SHEET TO GRAB INFOR FROM MASTER SHEET IF IT MATCHES.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

look at VLOOKUP, or MATCH and INDEX in help.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"CINDY" wrote in message
I HAVE TWO SHEETS ONE FOR MASTER INFO AND ONE FOR MONTHLY ORDERS I NEED TO
HAVE THE MONTHLY ORDERS SHEET TO GRAB INFOR FROM MASTER SHEET IF IT

MATCHES.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi Cindy,

Try using VLOOKUP as below

=VLOOKUP(A1,Master_Info!A1:D12,2,FALSE)

I am assuming :
1. Your data is in the range of A1 till D12.
2. You want to lookup A1 of the Monthly Orders sheet with Master Info.
3. You want to get the data at the 2nd column from the leftmost of your
data.

Try using VLOOKUP this way and you will get the desired output.

Hope this works for you.

thanks,

Shail