-   -   Fill in if.. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/109403-fill-if.html)

CINDY

Fill in if..

I HAVE TWO SHEETS ONE FOR MASTER INFO AND ONE FOR MONTHLY ORDERS I NEED TO
HAVE THE MONTHLY ORDERS SHEET TO GRAB INFOR FROM MASTER SHEET IF IT MATCHES.

Bob Phillips

Fill in if..

look at VLOOKUP, or MATCH and INDEX in help.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"CINDY" wrote in message
I HAVE TWO SHEETS ONE FOR MASTER INFO AND ONE FOR MONTHLY ORDERS I NEED TO
HAVE THE MONTHLY ORDERS SHEET TO GRAB INFOR FROM MASTER SHEET IF IT

MATCHES.

CINDY

Fill in if..

I HAVE TRIED ALL THIS I JUST CANT FIGURE THE RIGHT FORMULA

"CINDY" wrote in message
I HAVE TWO SHEETS ONE FOR MASTER INFO AND ONE FOR MONTHLY ORDERS I NEED TO
HAVE THE MONTHLY ORDERS SHEET TO GRAB INFOR FROM MASTER SHEET IF IT

MATCHES.

shail

Fill in if..

hi Cindy,

Try using VLOOKUP as below

=VLOOKUP(A1,Master_Info!A1:D12,2,FALSE)

I am assuming :
1. Your data is in the range of A1 till D12.
2. You want to lookup A1 of the Monthly Orders sheet with Master Info.
3. You want to get the data at the 2nd column from the leftmost of your
data.

Try using VLOOKUP this way and you will get the desired output.

Hope this works for you.

thanks,

Shail