Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay Jay is offline

Default Weekly Date Function(s)

Guys:

What I need, I'm sure some body out there knows the answer! If you do,
please, please chime in! I want to build a weekly task schedule based of the
days of the week (Mon - Fri).

I plan to use a named range in a hidden sheet from which the data will be
pulled! The data or tasks will be listed vertically below each weekday date.
So that when I select i.e. Monday (using either the VLookUp or HLookUp
function), ALL the tasks for that day & date will populate the cell values
beneath the selected date! When I select Tuesday's date, I want the task
listed below this date to populate the cell below the Tuesday's date as well,
etc, etc,etc.

The type of fomula I need should extract, based on the system clock, the
date and day name for each Monday, Tueday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday per
cell Vertically or Horizontally) for the current month! So based on how the
month runs I'll end-up with 20 - 25 valid working week days for current month
without having to touch anything else!

I want to be able to place these on a worksheet as needed based requirements
of the customer...

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks guys,...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jay,

If I understood it correctly. You want a dropdown list where one can
select days (Monday, Tuesday,... ,Friday). And as they will select the
day, say Monday, the works assigned for Monday will appear in the cells
below for the dates over which the Mondays fall.

Thanks,

Shail