Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default disk storage number format in excel?

I am creating a sheet in excel to track disk usage, does anyone know of a way
to format the numbers in the cell to appear as common disk space nomenclature?

I would like to see something like 54GB, 54k, 125mb..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

You can use Custom formatting, Right-click Format NumberTab Custom, and
in the small window type #"GB" OK, and for the next cell type #"k", and for
the last #"mb"..then if you type 54 in the first cell, the result will be
54GB, and 54 in the second will return 54k and 125 in the third will return
125mb

hth
Vaya con Dios
Chuck, CABGx3