Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old September 11th 06, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Default How do i increase the height of the worksheet tab in Excel?

I really would like to increase the height of the worksheet tab at the bottom
of the screen. I have so many tabs and hate scrolling. Would rather have
the width of that bar be 2 or 3 rows in height. Is there a way to do this.
I thought for sure i had seen this done before, just cant figure how to do it.

  #2   Report Post  
Old September 11th 06, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 430
Default How do i increase the height of the worksheet tab in Excel?

Not sure how you make the tabs bigger but you can right click on the tab
arrows bottom left and a window will pop up showing all of your tabs thus
allowing you to select them much easier without scrolling too much.

"DailyExcelUser" wrote:

I really would like to increase the height of the worksheet tab at the bottom
of the screen. I have so many tabs and hate scrolling. Would rather have
the width of that bar be 2 or 3 rows in height. Is there a way to do this.
I thought for sure i had seen this done before, just cant figure how to do it.

  #3   Report Post  
Old September 11th 06, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Default How do i increase the height of the worksheet tab in Excel?

thanks, i have used that technique as well. I just know i have seen a
spreadsheet someone sent me with about 20 tab names all on the screen. Just
wish someone knew how they did it. I cant find info on this anywhere.

"DailyExcelUser" wrote:

I really would like to increase the height of the worksheet tab at the bottom
of the screen. I have so many tabs and hate scrolling. Would rather have
the width of that bar be 2 or 3 rows in height. Is there a way to do this.
I thought for sure i had seen this done before, just cant figure how to do it.

  #4   Report Post  
Old September 11th 06, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 296
Default How do i increase the height of the worksheet tab in Excel?

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:08:02 -0700, DailyExcelUser
wrote:

I really would like to increase the height of the worksheet tab at the bottom
of the screen. I have so many tabs and hate scrolling. Would rather have
the width of that bar be 2 or 3 rows in height. Is there a way to do this.
I thought for sure i had seen this done before, just cant figure how to do it.


The Worksheet tab sizes are determined by the system's Scrollbar size.

Go to the System Control panel and open up the Display Properties
window. Choose the "Appearance" tab and then the scrollbar item. You
can now set this to a differnt size and apply the change.

The downside is that because this is a windows property rather than
merely an Excel property, you'll have wider scroll bars everywhere.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
  #5   Report Post  
Old September 11th 06, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Default How do i increase the height of the worksheet tab in Excel?

i understand this part too, but i need it to expanded upward, so you could
have 2 rows of say.. 5 tabs each, instead of 10 tabs all the way across, all
the windows property basically does is change the size and then makes the
font smaller so you can see more names.. Maybe my file i saw it in was in
an older version of excel. Hopefully someone out there knows if this is
possible or not.


"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:08:02 -0700, DailyExcelUser
wrote:

I really would like to increase the height of the worksheet tab at the bottom
of the screen. I have so many tabs and hate scrolling. Would rather have
the width of that bar be 2 or 3 rows in height. Is there a way to do this.
I thought for sure i had seen this done before, just cant figure how to do it.


The Worksheet tab sizes are determined by the system's Scrollbar size.

Go to the System Control panel and open up the Display Properties
window. Choose the "Appearance" tab and then the scrollbar item. You
can now set this to a differnt size and apply the change.

The downside is that because this is a windows property rather than
merely an Excel property, you'll have wider scroll bars everywhere.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________



  #6   Report Post  
Old September 11th 06, 05:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,124
Default How do i increase the height of the worksheet tab in Excel?

No can do unless you change windows settings. But you can grab the bar at
the left of the bottom scroll bar and move it more to the right.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"DailyExcelUser" wrote in message
...
I really would like to increase the height of the worksheet tab at the
bottom
of the screen. I have so many tabs and hate scrolling. Would rather have
the width of that bar be 2 or 3 rows in height. Is there a way to do
this.
I thought for sure i had seen this done before, just cant figure how to do
it.



  #7   Report Post  
Old September 11th 06, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,907
Default How do i increase the height of the worksheet tab in Excel?

I have been working with Excel through many versions(probably version 4 was
first) and have never see any method of making more than one row of sheet tabs
appear.

Maybe the file where you saw the double row of tabs was another application?


Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP


On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:05:02 -0700, DailyExcelUser
wrote:

i understand this part too, but i need it to expanded upward, so you could
have 2 rows of say.. 5 tabs each, instead of 10 tabs all the way across, all
the windows property basically does is change the size and then makes the
font smaller so you can see more names.. Maybe my file i saw it in was in
an older version of excel. Hopefully someone out there knows if this is
possible or not.


"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:08:02 -0700, DailyExcelUser
wrote:

I really would like to increase the height of the worksheet tab at the bottom
of the screen. I have so many tabs and hate scrolling. Would rather have
the width of that bar be 2 or 3 rows in height. Is there a way to do this.
I thought for sure i had seen this done before, just cant figure how to do it.


The Worksheet tab sizes are determined by the system's Scrollbar size.

Go to the System Control panel and open up the Display Properties
window. Choose the "Appearance" tab and then the scrollbar item. You
can now set this to a differnt size and apply the change.

The downside is that because this is a windows property rather than
merely an Excel property, you'll have wider scroll bars everywhere.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________


  #8   Report Post  
Old January 5th 16, 06:50 AM
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jan 2016
Posts: 1
Default

Hi All,

Did their is a solution to increase height of the tab sheet ,hence i can accommodate 2 or 3 rows. i am handling minimum with 25 sheets all the time. if somebody have solution please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Lino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Dibben View Post
I have been working with Excel through many versions(probably version 4 was
first) and have never see any method of making more than one row of sheet tabs
appear.

Maybe the file where you saw the double row of tabs was another application?


Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP


On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:05:02 -0700, DailyExcelUser
wrote:

i understand this part too, but i need it to expanded upward, so you could
have 2 rows of say.. 5 tabs each, instead of 10 tabs all the way across, all
the windows property basically does is change the size and then makes the
font smaller so you can see more names.. Maybe my file i saw it in was in
an older version of excel. Hopefully someone out there knows if this is
possible or not.


"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:08:02 -0700, DailyExcelUser
wrote:

I really would like to increase the height of the worksheet tab at the bottom
of the screen. I have so many tabs and hate scrolling. Would rather have
the width of that bar be 2 or 3 rows in height. Is there a way to do this.
I thought for sure i had seen this done before, just cant figure how to do it.


The Worksheet tab sizes are determined by the system's Scrollbar size.

Go to the System Control panel and open up the Display Properties
window. Choose the "Appearance" tab and then the scrollbar item. You
can now set this to a differnt size and apply the change.

The downside is that because this is a windows property rather than
merely an Excel property, you'll have wider scroll bars everywhere.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
  #9   Report Post  
Old January 13th 21, 08:39 AM
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Dec 2020
Posts: 27
Default How to increase the height of the worksheet tab in Excel?

Follow these steps to increase the height of the worksheet tab in excel
Set a column to a specific width
Select the column or columns that you want to change.

On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format.

Under Cell Size, click Column Width.

In the Column width box, type the value that you want.

Click OK.

I hope this helps!
Admin
CloudDesktopOnline


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem importing excel worksheet in Word and or Power point Andrea_Ita Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 April 20th 06 12:54 PM
when I save a worksheet made in excel 2003 to excel 97, apan2so Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 13th 06 02:13 AM
Hierarchical Worksheet Tabs??? New Excel feature? JMcC Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 October 11th 05 04:46 PM
Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003 won't open Microsoft Excel Worksheet Graham Jones Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 13th 05 12:58 AM
Create New Microsoft Excel Worksheet Has 3 Sheets Bassam Setting up and Configuration of Excel 0 February 9th 05 08:51 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017