Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SHOULDBE ABLE TO DELETE EXCEL WORKSHEETS EVEN IF NOT DOC CREATOR.

I had a work issue where I could have fixed worksheet formatting in less than
a minute IF I was able to delete worksheets. Since you can't delete Excel
worksheets unless you're the creator of the document, it took over an hour to
complete. Why does Excel have this obnoxious feature?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your statement "Since you can't delete Excel worksheets unless you're the
creator of the document" is incorrect.

Worksheets can be deleted by anyone.

Exception...........

If under ToolsProtection someone has enabled Workbook Protection which will not
allow sheets to be deleted if the Structure is protected.

The workbook protection must be disabled, perhaps a password is required.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:59:01 -0700, le tamster <le
wrote:

I had a work issue where I could have fixed worksheet formatting in less than
a minute IF I was able to delete worksheets. Since you can't delete Excel
worksheets unless you're the creator of the document, it took over an hour to
complete. Why does Excel have this obnoxious feature?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SHOULDBE ABLE TO DELETE EXCEL WORKSHEETS EVEN IF NOT DOC CREAT

Thanks for the insight. But even when I saved as a new document, those
options remained and I was still unable to delete worksheets. That's SO
retarded.

wrote:

I had a work issue where I could have fixed worksheet formatting in less than
a minute IF I was able to delete worksheets. Since you can't delete Excel
worksheets unless you're the creator of the document, it took over an hour to
complete. Why does Excel have this obnoxious feature?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the workbook is shared, you will be unable to delete sheets.

And that is SO not retarded because it prevents me from deleting a sheet you may
be working on.

Have a look under ToolsShare Workbook.

Sounds to me like you are a newbie to Excel.

Would you like some URL's to a few Tutorial sites?

Gord

wrote:

I had a work issue where I could have fixed worksheet formatting in less than
a minute IF I was able to delete worksheets. Since you can't delete Excel
worksheets unless you're the creator of the document, it took over an hour to
complete. Why does Excel have this obnoxious feature?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

But if I'm just working on a workbook that has nothing to do with the
original creator anymore, i.e., they won't be working on it anymore, and I've
saved it as a copy or new doc for my own use, then it is indeed so retarded
that I wouldn't be able to delete a worksheet. Can't they put a function in
that when a copy is made, it resets the sharing functions?

wrote:

I had a work issue where I could have fixed worksheet formatting in less than
a minute IF I was able to delete worksheets. Since you can't delete Excel
worksheets unless you're the creator of the document, it took over an hour to
complete. Why does Excel have this obnoxious feature?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

When testing new changes to a spreadsheet template, it is not uncommon for
the original creator to save changes as a new workbood in case the changes
don't work. Then he/she can reload the last workbook and start again. Also,
the creator may have kept the file on a local drive during development, then
used save as to put it on the network drive for shared use. It would be
irritating and counterproductive if certain settings were reset every time
save as was used.

Excel has no way of knowing you are not the original creator. If the
workbook is shared, try unsharing it. If there is a password (either
workbook protection or the workbook is protected and shared) your beef is
w/the original creator for not allowing you to delete sheets (which is
obviously by design). You should request assistance from him/her.

Put me on the side of "so not retarded."