Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need help matching...

Hi,

Sorry, I inadvertantly posted this in the non-function Excel group,
then soon realized I had used the wrong group. Pardon the
double-posting, but I really could use some expertise in resolving this
problem....

I have a spreadsheet where I have 3 columns of numbers in A, B, and C,
(skipping column D for clarity sake). In column A there are subgroups
of numbers in tenth increments until they get to the next subgroup.
However, if you truncate the column A numbers you would have 3 rows
starting with 1, 2 rows starting with 2, 5 rows starting with 3, 3 rows

starting with 4 and 1 row starting with 5. The numbers in column B
that are adjacent to the truncated numbers in column A, mean that there

are numbers 41, 252, 305, 422 and 441 that correspond to the truncated
number 3 in column A. Somehow, I need to get the numbers in column C
to match up to the closest number in column B, yet still correlate to
the truncated numbers in column A. Column E is being shown to give an
idea as to what I need to replace column C with. When I'm done, I will

end up having to work the reverse scenerio with columns B and C,
because there may also be gaps in column B. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Notice how E6, E8 and E10 are now in cells that are closest to matching

the numbers in B6, B8 and B10 and they are all corresponding to the
truncated number's 3 in column A...

TIA,

Steve

A B C D E