Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to have a cell show as blank

Hi - wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I have a
spreadsheet that is being used as an order form and contains both numbers and
text.

There are 2 sections of cells that are formatted as text that is for the
customers name, address, phone, etc. The first section is for the Bill To
info and the second section is for the Ship To info. I have it set up so that
each peice of info is in it's own cell (ex: Bill to Cust name in A1, Address
in A2 & A3, City In A4, and Ship To cust name in B1, address in B2 & B3 etc...
). I have it set up so that the Ship To cells will copy what is typed in the
Bill To cells, just so it doesn't need to be filled in twice (although it can
be overwritten if needed). I just have it as a simple B1 = A1 type formula.
I've allotted 2 cells for the address, but if the 2nd cell in the address
field of the Bill To is left blank it populates a 0 in the Ship To section.
Is there a way to tell it to leave the 2nd cell in the Bill To blank instead
of it showing a 0?

Thx, Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sure there are other ways to keep "0" from being displayed, but in my
worksheet, if A1 is blank, then the formula returns "0".

"Bob Umlas" wrote in message
That's the same as =A1
!

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perfect - that worked. Thanks for the quick response!
Phil

PCLIVE wrote:
Try something like:
=If(A1="","",A1)

Hi - wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I have a
spreadsheet that is being used as an order form and contains both numbers

[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]

Thx, Phil