Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Umlas Bob Umlas is offline

Default How to have a cell show as blank

That's the same as =A1
!

"PCLIVE" wrote in message
Try something like:
=If(A1="","",A1)

"pajones via OfficeKB.com" <u25746@uwe wrote in message
Hi - wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I have a
spreadsheet that is being used as an order form and contains both

numbers
and
text.

There are 2 sections of cells that are formatted as text that is for the
customers name, address, phone, etc. The first section is for the Bill

info and the second section is for the Ship To info. I have it set up so
that
each peice of info is in it's own cell (ex: Bill to Cust name in A1,
Address
in A2 & A3, City In A4, and Ship To cust name in B1, address in B2 & B3
etc...
). I have it set up so that the Ship To cells will copy what is typed in
the
Bill To cells, just so it doesn't need to be filled in twice (although

it
can
be overwritten if needed). I just have it as a simple B1 = A1 type
formula.
I've allotted 2 cells for the address, but if the 2nd cell in the

address
field of the Bill To is left blank it populates a 0 in the Ship To
section.
Is there a way to tell it to leave the 2nd cell in the Bill To blank
instead
of it showing a 0?

Thx, Phil